It started with a baby bottle
- Free of Bisphenol-A (BPA), phthalates, nitrosamines, lead, PVC, PET, Melamine and biologically harmful chemicals.
- The Complete BPA Free set contains: Bento box, soup bowl, baby bowl, kids cup. Made from highly sustainable materials.
- Bento box with air tight lid. The container does not leak even with water placed inside it. Great for baby bags or lunch boxes.
- Baby Bowl - Low profile baby feeding bowl with lid. Designed for early feeding. The lid will be easy to locate among other clear lids commonly found in household drawers as we have colored coordinated them.
- Soup Bowl - High profile baby soup bowl. Perfect for soup or cereal. Also comes with orange lid.
- Kids cup Perfect first cup and comes with handle that can clip onto bag straps.
- The bento box, baby bowls, and Kids cup are made from food grade stainless steel and then wrapped in polypropylene. The interior and exterior separate for easy cleaning.
When we introduced the Thinkbaby over 7 years ago 95% of the baby bottles on the market were made of polycarbonate which contains BPA. Initially, we attempted to convince the major companies to move off of polycarbonate, but after being unsuccessful we launched Thinkbaby and Thinksport to address the concern of chemicals leaching from consumer products. We started with the baby bottle because polycarbonate was ubiquitous across the industry. As little ones systems are still in a state of development they have very little defense against foreign chemicals.
While many companies have emerged to offer BPA Free baby bottles, many bottles not only still contain BPA despite saying BPA Free (see Health Canada study), but many companies have also landed on untested materials just because the material claims to be free of BPA. Thinkbaby utilizes the precautionary principle in the creation of all of our products. We dont jump to new materials without doing the requisite testing to ensure that we havent landed on another BPA-like material. When we target a product segment that concerns us, we ask the question, How can we make the product line Safe. Functional. Sustainable. Thinkbaby and Thinksport’s focus has led us to be the first company to span safe consumer products ranging from baby to adults.
How is the Thinkbaby Complete BPA Free Feeding Set different?
Thinkbaby’s Feeding set furthers our mission by providing safe, sustainable, functional and elegant products for little ones. In the development of our BPA Free Feeding system, Thinkbaby continues the mission by providing a feeding set free of BPA, phthalates, nitrosamines, lead, and PVC.
Our Feeding set is also free of Melamine. Early laboratory research has shown melamine based tableware to leach melamine at various temperatures and when combined with other chemicals (such as formaldehyde and cyanuric) have the potential to pose a risk. As we expect the debate to begin on the safety of this chemical, the research we reviewed caused us ask a simple question. Does the product have to have melamine? Nope. So we built our set to be completely free of it.
The Feeding Set was designed for a wide range of feeding ages. The set becomes useful from the moment that your doctor green lights solid food feeding to school days and beyond. Parents find the set is perfect for feeding and food storage. For traveling in the baby bag or in lunch boxes the Bento box is the ideal, no leak solution. We also included the Kids cup for when your child grows out of the Sippy cup range. And there is no reason for the set to be only useful for your toddlers. We receive emails and calls from parents all the time that are using the set for food storage and transport.
How do I care for my Thinkbaby Feeding Set?
When washing the set in the dishwasher, we recommend using a detergent that is free of chlorine. Most of the natural detergents on the market from Eco Lever to Seventh Generation should be free of toxic chemicals. If hand-washing, the American Pediatrics Association suggests using warm soapy water, but only if you live in an area with treated water systems.